Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated AMHP to work full-time in Braintree. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum AMHP job is £29.10 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Duties of the AMHP:
- To act as an independent AMHP when making decisions during the assessment process.
- To make applications for detention within and outside of designated area applying an understanding of sections 13 (1B), (1C) & s13(3) MHA 1983.
- To refer identified carers, including young children, to appropriate statutory services for assessment of their needs
- To work appropriately independently in all areas of AMHP work and making sound professional decisions of the highest standard within the framework of Schedule 2 of the AMHP Regulations.
- Prepare and present clear, assessment and other reports as necessary to set out the basis of decisions made in respect of service users. Maintain all records to a high standard in accordance with relevant legislation, policy and procedures. Provide information, written assessments, reports and statements to support other professionals, managers and agencies in making decisions related to care.
- To ensure where appropriate that service users are referred for suitable follow-up care
- Establish appropriate professional relationships with service users, their families and other professionals to enable effective partnerships in the provision of services.
Requirements of the AMHP:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services
- Must be a car driver
- Previous experience working in Mental Health is essential
This AMHP job is advertised by Sam Jewell; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.