Sanctuary Health has a permanent job vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Band 7 Autism Outreach Manager to work full-time in Guernsey.
The salary for this permanent Autism Outreach Manager role is £38,055 - £50,127 per annum.
- To be responsible for the day to day management of a caseload of service users and staff team/s within the adult disability service with the philosophy and policies of the Service and Health and Social Care Committee.
- To be accountable for the ongoing review, monitoring and updating of care programmes, ensuring they are based on the assessed needs and expressed wishes of the service user, as stated in their person centred plan and for ensuring that care is delivered in accordance with professional and service standards.
- To be responsible and manage the allocated budget as delegated by the service manager, Adult Disability Services.
- The post holder will manage a staff team supporting service users within their own homes and in the community. Support is provided to service users to meet their physical, social, intellectual emotional and sensory needs. This may include additional mental health issues and behaviours that challenge.
- To act as an autism expert within own clinical area and with other professionals/Agencies.
- To co-ordinate the assessment of service users with complex care needs including individuals with undifferentiated and undiagnosed conditions.
- To co-ordinate the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for service users with complex care needs.
- To co-ordinate risk assessment processes to determine risks to the health and wellbeing of service users with complex care needs, taking relevant action to minimise these risks.
- To be responsible and lead on the ongoing review, monitoring and updating of care programmes, ensuring they are based on the assessed needs, evidence based and expressed wishes of the service user, as stated in their person centred plan and for ensuring that care is delivered in accordance with professional and service standards.
- To lead a team of staff in emergency and other acute situations, ensuring that the service user needs are met and that significant others are supported.
- To utilise information and data from a range of sources to identify service user problems and guide decision-making processes.
Requirements of the Autism Outreach Manager:
- Registered Health or Social Care Professional
- Social Worker, Nurse, Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Registered Behaviour Technician
- Teaching/Mentoring qualification
- Diploma in a related field
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational
- Achievement or equivalent (D32/33, NVQ A1)
- Degree in a related field
- Management Qualification
This Autism Outreach Manager role is advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.