Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Social Worker to work full-time in Wandsworth, within the Deaf Adults Community Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £30.41 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Duties of the Social Worker:
- To act as Duty manager on a rotational basis to manage incoming enquiries and referrals to the service including advice and signposting as required.
- Represent the Teams in relevant external forums
- Engage with external mental health services and social service providers to develop strong and supportive collaboration in facilitating the social care needs of the deaf client.
- To hold a small caseload and to act as an identified Heal Care Professional for this caseload
- To provide advice and guidance to local services around communication and the specific needs of the deaf client
- To engage in professional supervision with the Head of Social work, managerial supervision with the Community team manager and facilitate supervision of more junior social workers as required by the Head of Social work.
- To be a part of the Trusts Social worker network under the guidance of the Head of Social Work and to contribute to the development of excellent, robust and evidenced based social work practice within the Trust
- To be involved in providing assessment, treatment, consultation and supervision. Detailed assessments of clients and providing support and advice on complex cases.
- Taking responsibility for the social care and social work elements of practice and innovations for the Deaf services.
- To liaise clearly and collaboratively with the services multi-disciplinary team and with external teams and providers as required.
- To join colleagues in assessment and planning meetings both for the inpatient services and community services.
- To lead on and advise on socio-therapeutic activities as required.
- To lead on the development and presentation of reports for the inpatient and community services including social circumstances reporting for Tribunal and manager Hearings, safeguarding reports as required, social work reports in liaison with clients local responsible care team, Court reports as required, audits and evaluations of service need as necessary.
- A comprehensive working understanding of the mental health act and the mental capacity act and a clear ability to contribute to assessments and reports required under these acts
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage own anxiety
- Commitment to user empowerment
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team
- Self-starter and motivator
- Commitment to continuing professional development, to partnership working and to reflective clinical practice
- Capacity to work in situations demanding careful clinical judgement and with limited specialist support
- Ability to teach and train others
- Ability to identify and employ mechanisms of clinical governance as appropriate to support and maintain clinical practice in the face of regular exposure to highly emotive material and challenging behaviour
- Ability to reflect on own performance and practice
- Awareness of Deaf Culture
- Willingness to travel to other regional centres in and out of London.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jake Merry; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.