Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Oxford, within the Mental Health Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £31,365 - £37,890 per annum.
Duties of the Social Worker:
- To carry out the initial assessments of clients who meet the referral criteria of the AMHT and to undertake short term treatment where appropriate.
- To manage, formulate and implement treatment plans, delivering care under the clinical model.
- To evaluate effectiveness whilst working within the framework of CPA and Risk Assessment.
- To report all relevant information to the referring agent and keep them informed of the client's progress.
- To assess, plan, set goals with the service user, carer and families; implement and evaluate care using psycho-social interventions and skills to meet individual needs.
- To deliver individual therapeutic activity using therapeutic interventions and skills.
- To be responsible for monitoring and evaluating treatment plans, transferring clients to the treatment function, other teams within the Trust, or discharging them when appropriate.
- To liaise and establish good working relationships with referring agents, colleagues in Primary Care services, Social Services, Community Mental Health Teams, Assertive Outreach, In-Patient services, Criminal Justice, Voluntary Sector and other agencies as appropriate.
- To be an active member of the multi-disciplinary team and to attend CPA meetings and other work led meetings as required.
- To maintain service user confidentiality in delivery of treatment packages.
- To respect the needs of service users, their families and other significant persons in care planning and management, including assisting them in meeting their needs.
- The post holder will follow agreed practice guidelines and ensure that, where possible, clients are cared for in the least restrictive environment.
- To ensure confidentiality and security of patient data is maintained at all times in compliance with the Data Protection Act.
- To ensure confidentiality of staff, patients and carers is maintained in line with Trust policy.
- To ensure all electronic records are updated and complete within the standard for the Trust (e.g.24 hours for progress notes)
- To attend appropriate mandatory training courses in line with requirements of the role, Health and Safety Regulations and as part of personal development, e.g. systems training, fire awareness training, appraisals.
- To carry out any other duties as requested by the Team Manager/Community Lead to ensure the quality of service provided by the team.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health), Social Worker or OT
- 3 years' relevant post registration experience
- Evidence of post registration development
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience of working independently
- Experience of managing other disciplines within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of working with the acutely mentally ill in a variety of settings.
- Knowledge of the MHA 1983
- Knowledge of safeguarding
- Experience of working collaboratively with carers to meet both the needs of the carer and the user.
- Experience of supervising and developing staff.
- Experience of using I.T. systems and software
- To be IT literate
- To have excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- To be able to prioritise effectively
- To show evidence of sound problem solving skills
- To be able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Experience of working under pressure, demonstrating the ability to work in a flexible way that is dependent on the circumstances that are presented.
- Adaptable and flexible
- Able to use own initiative when appropriate
- Keen to learn
- Team player
- Able to challenge and be challenged
- Able to build rapport
- To comprehend and work within the Trust policies of data protection, equal opportunities, Health & Safety and to meet the diverse needs of patients
- Able to travel to undertake work and have the capacity to carry equipment relative to your post
- Able to comply with Manual Handling policies and guide lines
This Social Worker job is advertised by Dan Halls; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.