Sanctuary Health has a permanent job vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse to work in Guernsey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent Senior Staff Nurse role is £31,531 - £42,715 per annum.
- The Band 6 Registered Nurse acts as a leader, advisor and role model, ensuring appropriate standards of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care are delivered to patients/clients within their clinical setting, as well as, implementing and monitoring quality assurance initiatives including development of action plans and measuring outcomes.
- They will regularly take charge of the ward, deputising for the Ward Manager in their absence and participate in the role of Duty Senior Nurse for the hospital.
- To undertake the assessment of patients/clients with complex care needs including individuals with undifferentiated and undiagnosed conditions.
- To develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care to meet these needs.
- To guide, advise and direct other staff in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient/client care.
- To initiate risk assessment processes to determine risks to the health and well-being of patients/clients with complex care needs, taking relevant action to minimise these risks.
- To lead a team of staff in emergency and other acute situations, ensuring that the patient's/client's needs are met and that significant others are supported.
- To utilise information and data from a range of sources to identify patient problems and guide decision-making processes. Within field of expertise, and organisational policy, request specific clinical tests to establish a diagnosis.
- To promote service user involvement in the planning, delivery and evaluation of care, respecting their wishes, beliefs and dignity.
- To independently liaise and communicate effectively with all members of the multidisciplinary team and other agencies involved in the care of the patient/client.
Requirements of the Senior Staff Nurse:
- Valid NMC registration
- A degree or equivalent within nursing
- UK Nursing experience
- Evidence of formal ongoing professional development
- Evidence of formal teaching/mentoring qualification or working towards this
- Diploma in related field
This Senior Staff Nurse role is advertised by Victor Rosado; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.