Sanctuary Health has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Occupational Therapist to work within a Recovery & Rehabilitation Community Mental Health Team based in Guernsey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for this permanent Occupational Therapist job is £30,401 - £37,267 per annum.
- To work as part of the multi-disciplinary team within the Recovery & Rehabilitation Team, Specialist Adult Mental Health Service based at The Oberlands Centre.
- To manage a defined caseload, using evidence based / client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- To attend CPA (Care Programme Approach) reviews and OPA (outpatient appointments) with patients on caseload.
- To complete standardised and non-standardised assessments and to guide and implement individual treatment programmes.
- To provide leadership, support and supervision for junior staff and students
- To participate in service development and evaluation of OT within HSC as appropriate
- To contribute to and participate in clinical reviews and team meetings as appropriate.
- To participate in team reflective practice sessions.
- To undertake teaching sessions with the team when requested.
- To undertake the assessment of service users with complex care needs including individuals with undifferentiated and undiagnosed conditions.
- To develop, implement and evaluate specialised programmes of care to meet these needs.
- To guide, advise and direct other staff in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of specialised service user care.
- To initiate risk assessment processes to determine risks to the health and well being of service users with complex care needs, taking relevant action to minimise these risks.
- To provide specialist advice to staff in managing complex or acute situations, ensuring that the service users needs are met and that significant others are supported.
- To utilise information and data from a range of sources to identify service users problems and guide decision-making processes.
- Within field of specialist expertise, and organisational policy, request specific clinical tests to establish a diagnosis.
- To promote service user involvement in the planning, delivery and evaluation of care, respecting their wishes, beliefs and dignity.
- To independently liaise and communicate effectively with all members of the multidisciplinary team and other agencies involved in the care of the service user.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Diploma of the College of Occupational Therapists or B.Sc O.T. or other professional qualification recognised by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists.
- Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as an Occupational Therapist.
- Experience of working in community mental health setting
- Experience of working with service users with a severe and enduring mental health condition
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Victor Rosado; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.