Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Mental Health Occupational Therapist to work either full-time or part-time based in Bedford. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £25 per hour (assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract. The hours can be flexible but most of the team work 8:30-4:30, Mon-Fri. There is free parking on site.
About the role:
- To work as part of an established OT team on the unit, comprising of a Band 5 OT and 2 OT Assistants.
- Work involves facilitating groups and functional assessments in preparation for discharge.
- As a senior clinician you will work as an integral member of the multi-disciplinary team within Fountains Court/Older Persons inpatient services, managing a specialist/defined caseload, providing a range of specialist bio-psychosocial interventions and supporting carers and families.
- The post holder will provide expert advice to the inpatient Mental Health Team on Occupational Therapy issues and raise the profile of Occupational Therapy approaches to care within the Team.
- The post holder will develop and facilitate therapeutic group activities, according to the needs of the clients.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent NHS experience either pre or post qualification
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Alex Blackwell; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.