Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 CAMHS Practitioner to work full-time based in Leeds. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of mental health nursing and be registered with the NMC. You will be working 30 hours a week doing 7 day cover 8am-8pm.
The pay rate for this locum CAMHS Practitioner role is £23.50 per hour (assignment rate) and is a 3-6 month contract.
About the role:
- Adel Beck is a 24 bedded Secure Children's home and is the most technologically advanced home in the UK, it comprises of three 8-bedded units.
- The majority of these are commissioned by the Youth Justice Board for young people that have committed offences and the remainder are commissioned for young people secured on welfare grounds.
- Adel Beck has been judged as an outstanding children's home by Ofsted.
- As part of the Children and Young People's transformation programme, we are currently in the process of commencing implementation of the secure stairs framework at Adel Beck and Wetherby YOI.
- This service development will see the introduction of a developmentally and trauma informed mental health service model.
- We are looking for experienced, motivated and enthusiastic Mental Health Practitioners to join our multidisciplinary and multi-agency team.
- The CAMHS team provide initial screening for all young people entering custody in order to assess individual needs and refer appropriately within the service.
- We provide an MDT approach to assessment and intervention of Young people in custody, tailoring individuals care pathway to best meet their need and achieve the best
- Interventions provided by Mental Health Practitioners are tailored to the individual needs of the young people and will include generic mental health intervention packages, you would also be expected to support interventions around violence and aggression, arson and harmful sexual behavior.
Requirements of the CAMHS Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in mental health nursing
- Current NMC registration
- Significant NHS experience as a CAMHS practitioner
- The successful applicant will be required to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary way.
- Experience of working within a CAMHS, Forensic or LAC service would be advantageous
This CAMHS Practitioner job is advertised by Alex West; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.