Sanctuary Health has a permanent job vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Band 5 Surgical Staff Nurse to work in Guernsey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent Staff Nurse role is £26,404 - £34,173 per annum.
- The Unit currently consists of 15 beds, covering both elective and trauma, including joint replacement, upper limb, hand/foot surgery, management of spinal injuries and general orthopaedic trauma.
- This specialty is a developing service to involve pre assessment, out-reach, discharge planning and enhanced recovery. It embraces inter professional working, having close working relationships with, for example, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and the Discharge Planning Team.
- This environment provides an excellent grounding for nurses committed to high-quality care that are embarking/developing their careers.
- All new staff are mentored through an induction preceptorship period; whilst ongoing personal development and education are actively encouraged.
Requirements of the Staff Nurse:
- Valid NMC registration
- A degree or equivalent within nursing
- UK Nursing experience
- Evidence of effective communication skills; with particular reference to multi-disciplinary team working, service users, carers and managers.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- Understanding and ability to apply evidence based care.
- Evidence of self and professional development.
- Portfolio of evidence to meet KSF agreed criteria.
- Experience co-ordinating ward activities, delegating appropriately.
This Staff Nurse role is advertised by Victor Rosado; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.