Sanctuary Health are currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse to fill ad-hoc shifts in a Low / Medium Secure Unit in Wellington, Somerset *outside IR35*.
The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Mental Health Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rates for this Registered Mental Health Nurse job is £21 - £24 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) depending on shifts and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Deliver prescribed care to a defined group within an agreed framework.
- Assess, plan and deliver, with the patient and their carer/family, nursing care which takes account of patient choice and wishes and acting as the patients named nurse.
- Accurately observe and engage with patients in order to assess their need and evaluate their progress.
- Monitor and review Nursing Care plans.
- Evaluate and respond to changes in patient condition and needs.
- Deal proactively and effectively with suggestions and complaints from patients and their families/carers.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the Multi-Disciplinary team.
- Participate in regular clinical and non-clinical meetings and attend other meetings as requested.
- Prioritise nursing duties and delegate appropriately and effectively within the shift co-ordination Framework, working as nurse in charge as required, ensuring as far as reasonably practicable a safe environment.
- Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests, enquiries and suggestions.
- Helps to promote and to maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers.
- Participate in clinical supervision and reflective practice at least Monthly.
- Work in accordance with safeguarding adult and children policies and requirements.
- Ensure the requirements of the Mental Health, Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Standards are met.
- Adhere to Medicines Management policies at all times.
- Adhere to policies and protocols and adhere to NMC Code.
Requirements of the Mental Health Nurse:
- Degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
- NMC registration and a valid live pin
- NHS experience as a Band 5 RMN
This Mental Health Nurse job is advertised by Corey Pack; if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.