Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 5 Community District Nurse (RGN) to work in Runcorn and Widnes. Monday - Friday 9-5 part time or full time acceptable.
The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
Rates: Weekdays - £20.00 per hour, Saturdays/Nights - £24.00 per hour, Sundays/Bank Holidays £27.00 per hour (Assignment rate).
- The post holder actively supports the District Nursing team by undertaking responsibility for a delegated caseload. Undertakes the assessment, planning and evaluation of patients care needs. Liaises with the District Nurse to ensure information sharing in relation to patient care / changes to care plan and the continuity of care and reviewing of complex care packages. Mentoring, Teaching and Assessing. Liaises with all health care professionals and other agencies to ensure effective service delivery.
- To promote the health and wellbeing within the family unit and community.
- Perform comprehensive assessment of patient nursing needs as the named nurse.
- Plan, assess and evaluate programmes of care according to changing health needs under the direction of the District Nurse.
- To support the team leader in the co-ordination of complex and continuing care packages.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with NMC.
- Attend a multi-disciplinary case conference as the named nurse if appropriate.
- To communicate and collaborate with other members of the PHCT, voluntary and statutory organisations to support individual patient care.
- To establish and maintain effective communication with patients, relatives and carers in complex and potentially challenging situations.
- To competently perform clinical skills related to the post.
- To be professionally responsible for a delegated caseload under the supervision of the District Nurse.
- To assess health needs at individual, practice and community level.
- To undertake chronic disease management reviews using appropriate template.
- To work without direct supervision.
Requirements of the Community Nurse:
- RGN qualified
- NMC registered with valid live pin
This Community Nurse job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.