Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 3 Cashier to work based in Barnet, within the Finance Department.
The pay rate for this locum Cashier job is £10.67 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
You may be required to work at any of the three main Trust sites on a regular basis as agreed in advance.
All requests to work flexibly will be considered.
- Responsible for assisting in the efficient and effective day to day operation of the General Office and for helping to ensure that all procedures for the receipting and banking of monies and valuables conform the Trust Policies and Procedures, Standing Financial Procedures (SFIs) and Department of Health directives and are correctly applied
- Maintenance of template on RiO for all in-patients admission & discharge and the sending of letters to the Department of Works and Pensions and other agencies for all in-patients within the Trust
- Open mail, record all income received therewith
- Redirect post as appropriate
- Ensuring authorised signatory list is kept up to date and reviewed for accuracy every 6 months
- Identifying and dealing with patient’s uncollected cash and property
- Collecting relevant documents from Barnet site in order to be able to order re-imbursement of petty cash
- Order and take delivery of petty cash re-imbursement via G4S on a weekly basis
- Payment of petty cash to departments, and the balancing of all petty cash floats when necessary
- Assist in managing general enquiries from the patients and staff when necessary
- Post both receipts and withdrawals made from / to patients onto the Equinox patient monies software package, ensuring that patient’s balances are checked before withdrawals are made
- Input new patient’s details on Equinox
- Details of day to day contact with patients/customers in carrying out the role
- Tasks that have an indirect impact on patient care
- Overseeing day to day management of a designated area
- Dealing with sensitive or contentious information
- Assessment of problems that require analysis and/or interpretation
- Ensure that a safe working environment and safe working practices are maintained at all times
- Practice in accordance with the infection control standard specified in the policies of the organisation
- Manage risk within their sphere of responsibility
- Take reasonable care of their own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by acts or omissions
- Make healthier choices and to be aware of the range of health promotion information and local polices that support the promotion of health and the prevention of ill health eg. food and nutrition, stress management etc
Requirements of the Cashier:
- Relevant qualification
- 4 GCSE's Incldunging English and Maths
- NHS Experience
- Experience in working a cashier/accounts administration office
- UK Driving License
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive financial knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Cashier job is advertised by Ben Fincham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
4 GCSEs Including English and Math
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience