Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for experienced and dedicated Band 7 Autism Outreach Manager to work full-time based in Guernsey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this Permanent Care Manager role is £38,000 to £50,000 per annum.
- Be responsible for the day to day management of a caseload of service users and staff team/s within the adult disability service with the philosophy and policies of the Service and Health and Social Care Committee.
- To be accountable for the ongoing review, monitoring and updating of care programmes, ensuring they are based on the assessed needs and expressed wishes of the service user, as stated in their person centred plan and for ensuring that care is delivered in accordance with professional and service standards.
- Responsible and manage the allocated budget as delegated by the service manager, Adult Disability Services.
- The post holder will manage a staff team supporting service users within their own homes
- and in the community. Support is provided to service users to meet their physical, social, intellectual emotional and sensory needs. This may include additional mental health issues and behaviours that challenge.
- Promote a positive image of the adult disability service to the local populace, visitors, potential recruits and other professionals and when acting as a representative of the service elsewhere.
- Support service users to maintain their own homes with a variety of organisations including state's housing, Guernsey housing association and private landlords.
- To support service users to develop their interpersonal skills and life skills, in order to work towards individual goals
- liaise with other professionals, groups or individuals associated with learning disability and autism services, in and outside of the HSC as agreed with service management.
- Welcome close contact between relations, friends and the service user.
- To ensure that relationships with individuals are professional, warm and supportive, respecting at all times the individual's needs and preferences.
- To ensure good communication with and between staff and regularly co-ordinate staff meetings.
Requirements of the Autism Outreach Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services
This Care Manager job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.