Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Assistant Team Manager to work full-time within a Referral and Assessment Team based in Bexley. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for this permanent Assistant Team Manager job is £42,198 - £48,156 per annum.
About the role:
- The Assistant Team Manager will be responsible for assisting the team manager with supervising, leading, and supporting a team of social work practitioners and support staff within a statutory child protection service area (ie: child in need, child protection, children looked after).
- Due to the nature of the work, you will be expected to work in an often stressful working environment and dealing with a variety of complex, risky, and diverse issues when supporting and safeguarding the many children and young people we work with.
- You will be responsible for supporting risk management and decision making within the team. This requires you to have substantial knowledge and experience with professional standards for social work as well as the laws, statutory guidance, and local policies and procedures and to ensure these are being modelled and adhered to within the team.
- You will recognise both areas of strength and safety, as well as worries and danger which will then help inform the next steps in a child's safety and support plan.
- You will be expected to have a good breadth of experience working with children and young people and supervising other members of staff. You will be responsible for assisting with recruitment, retention, and support the ongoing learning and development of those within the team.
- You will also contribute to the strategic oversight and development of the service. This will involve making contributions and giving feedback to the team manager on performance as well as promoting and implementing any agreed service or strategic improvement plans.
- You will have a proficient ability to communicate in English and be able to influence others in an effort to help coordinate services and supports in the best way possible to keep children as safe and well cared for as possible.
- You will have experience and need to help lead on making decisions about legal planning meetings and supporting practitioners with the court process, especially where care proceedings are necessary.
Requirements of the Assistant Team Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in Social Work
- Current HCPC registration
- A minimum 2 years' experience within Children's Services
This Assistant Team Manager job is advertised by Matt Clayden; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.