Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Assistant Team Manager to work full-time within a Child Protection Team based in Slough. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Assistant Team Manager role is £50,358 - £52,284 per annum.
- As postholder of this role you will provide day to day management of the team, providing appropriate support and challenge to ensure the delivery of high quality services that safeguard the welfare of children and young people.
- Make effective day to day use of all available professional resources and use a range of theoretical, evidence based and practical approaches including systemic practice to develop and implement effective interventions and support for children and families both within and outside of the family home.
- Manage the distribution of caseloads to ensure that the child or young person's needs are met appropriately.
- Support and challenge the team to meet the requirements around thresholds for cases, managing the preparation of high quality reports for court or other purposes, challenging, providing expert advice to guide the team through legal and organisational processes as required.
- Support and challenge the team in the completion of assessments, plans, toolkits based on identified need, ensuring at each point risk is evaluated, decisions and management oversight are recorded on the case file and any issues or concerns are escalated to the Team Manager to address.
- Chair the first and transfer core groups and CIN meetings to a high standard, supporting social workers in further meetings as required.
Requirements of the Assistant Team Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's services
This Assistant Team Manager job is advertised by Conor Clarke; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.