Sanctuary Social Care currently has a vacancy based in Swindon for an Assistant Care Manager, working within a Learning Disability Team & Community Response Hub. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice and be registered with Social Work England.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a salary of £28,000 per annum.
- Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, carrying out assessments with people with learning disabilities and carers, in order to identify areas of need/risk, at the direction of the Social Worker or Senior Practitioner
- Understand and apply eligibility criteria
- Use the care-planning process to identify the most appropriate way to promote independence
- Provide advice, information and signpost to other agencies/support services as appropriate, in creating a care plan
- Arrange for the provision of services, equipment/minor adaptations as appropriate
- Manage a delegated caseload
- Carry out needs-led, person-centred, contact and overview assessments
- Complete required documentation for provision of aids and equipment
- Liaise with the provision and finance team and service users and carers, with regard to domiciliary care service requests, to ensure the timely start of services
- Monitor and review the effectiveness of the care plan in meeting the needs of the service user, record and feedback to the Senior Practitioner
- attend and be actively involved in 1-1 supervision meetings, 4 weekly, in line with the Adult Social Care supervision policy.
- Be actively involved in the appraisal process
Requirements of the Assistant Care Manager:
- An in-depth understanding of working in a social care environment
- An in-depth understanding of the needs of people with learning disabilities and their carers
- Be able to use Information technology and be computer literate
- NVQ in Care Level 3 or equivalent
This Assistant Care Manager job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.