Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Area Placements Manager to fill a full-time role within a Children's Services based in Wickham.
The salary for this permanent Area Placements Manager job is £28,000 - £33,000 per annum.
- To oversee the placement service of the teams within the South Hub.
- To grow placement numbers across the South Hub in line with the projections for growth.
- To provide line management to the placement staff in each of the regions within the South Hub.
- To deputise as necessary for the Head of Placements.
- To oversee the responsibility for reporting on Placement performance within the South Hub.
- Representing the placements function across the South Hub and ensuring smooth communication with management and social work teams in the associated regions.
- To manage and monitor the referrals process, from initial incoming referrals, liaising with local authorities and company social workers and managers to secure successful placements.
- To work in partnership with colleagues to provide the most appropriate service for looked after children and young people and foster families.
- Ability to help support provide Management Information and statistical information to inform the business.
- To help contribute to the completion of monitoring reports and KPI information needed for LAs.
- To help and support with the completion of tender contractual submissions as necessary and appropriate.
- To support, contribute and help with foster carer recruitment as required.
- To contribute to the smooth running of the South Hub regions being an integral member of the team.
- Actively engage in and uphold the values of the agency.
- Management experience is essential.
- Willingness to gain a basic awareness of the National Minimum Standards for Fostering Services 2011; Fostering Services Regulations 2011 and 2013: The Assessment and Approval of Foster Carers 2013; The Care Standards Act 2000 and any other legislation relevant to the needs of looked after children, care leavers and foster carers.
- Develop awareness and knowledge of the Children Act 1989.
- Eagerness to develop and gain greater knowledge around the needs of children and young people.
- Understanding of GDPR.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient IT skills across all Windows-based applications and the ability to use database system for recording and reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage in a range of settings.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to use own initiative.
- Qualifications, Registrations & Experience Required:
This Area Placements Manager job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.