Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a permanent vacancy for an Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) to work based in Hillingdon.
The salary for this permanent AMHP job is £45,000 - £56,000 per annum. In addition to the salary advertised you will receive a 14% uplift for working on a shift pattern, therefore this will increase the salary offered to £51,000 - £56,000 per annum.
The core operating hours for the AMHP Hub are 9 am-midnight, with standby arrangements in place from midnight to -9am. As a result, you will be required to work on a 7-day shift rota including weekends and bank holidays between 9 am and midnight for which a salary enhancement of 14% is payable
- Supporting the 24/7 Triage Team with Adults Social Care queries
- Working in partnership with residents, families and carers, as well as other professionals, to optimise involvement and provide collaborative solutions, utilising your skills to engage with people in creative ways, to find out what matters to individuals and to promote their recovery and independence
- Working with complex situations that require thorough and robust risk assessments, crisis intervention and decision-making
- Ensuring that the appropriate response is made in line with policy and procedure and using your professional judgement
- Take part in a standby rota to cover the hours between midnight and 9 am and will be on duty for approximately 1 week in 6, or one night per week, for which a sessional payment is made, and overtime is claimed for any call outs to undertake assessments
Requirements of the AMHP:
- Degree or equivalent in social work (HCPC registered)
- Warranted Approved Mental Health Professional
- Practice Educator Qualification, or willingness to undertake
- Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults’ Services
- Strong social care values, flexibility, a 'can do' approach and professional high standards
- The ability to robustly advocate for people's human rights
We offer a competitive starting salary, access to monthly support and supervision, manageable caseloads for case holders, annual AMHP-specific training, alongside the existing AMHP forum. Within the wider service, we offer social workers an opportunity to undertake AMHP training, along with many other CPD opportunities. This is an opportunity for someone seeking professional development and career enhancement working in a newly developed team.
- Local government average salary pension scheme
- Free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- A 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- Generous holiday entitlement: a minimum of 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days of career breaks
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan
- Access to a Credit Union
- On-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- Access to a wide range of training and courses
- Discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- Payment of professional fees where these are required
- Discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Car-sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
This AMHP job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.