Sanctuary Health is currently looking for a dedicated Anaesthetics and Recovery Theatre Practitioner to work full-time in London.
The salary for this permanent Psychologist job is £40,000 per annum.
- To provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care
- To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department
- Assist the Anaesthetist throughout the perioperative phase of care
- Assist the anaesthetist in monitoring the patient's condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Administer drugs and fluids to the appropriate GHG policy
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including consumables, equipment and drugs.
- Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed
- Assist in the delivery of patient care
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
- Promote best evidence-based practice within own scope of practice
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
Requirements of the Psychologist:
- Valid NMC registration
- A degree or equivalent within nursing
- UK Nursing experience
- Theatre/Recovery/Anaesthetic experience
- Evidence of CPD at diploma level.
- Mentorship qualification.
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Approved/recognised anaesthetic course.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Paediatric experience is preferred
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills desirable
- ENB 998 and/or mentorship course and/or D32/D33/A1 desirable
- ILS desirable
- ALS desirable
This Psychologist job is advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.