Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Advanced Social Worker to work based in Surbiton, within the Assessment Team.
The salary for this permanent Advanced Social Worker role is £44,619 per annum.
- Work alongside families, to respect families and their rights, to work with them in partnership and with their informed consent, to recognise their strengths and help them identify their needs.
- Management of triage of contacts to the service to ascertain whether contacts from families, members of the community and partner organisations meet the threshold for a statutory social work assessment of significant impairment of a child’s health/development or significant harm, with appropriate information from referrers and the consent of the family.
- Provide an assessment of the needs of family members, their strengths and any risks to children’s health/development or significant harm to the child/ren and develop SMART plans that will meet the needs of family members and reduce risks to children, in conjunction with children and their families and in the most complex cases.
- Work with partners to meet those needs and monitor progress via child in need and core group meetings involving families, young people and relevant professionals.
- Chair reviews of children in need cases, strategy discussions, permanency planning meetings and professional’s meetings on complex cases -to conduct complex child protection investigations where a multi-agency strategy discussion considers there are grounds to believe the child has or is likely to suffer significant harm and to involve families in developing plans for change which will reduce the risk of significant harm and keep children in their families wherever possible.
- Where children cannot be adequately cared for within their families or their families cannot be engaged to access services that would support them to change and the significant harm threshold is reached, to initiate discussions to seek agreement for s20 or initiate planned or emergency legal proceedings to ensure children are protected in line with departmental policy, procedures, and relevant legislation.
- Ensure that social work case records, assessments, plans and documentation for all children and young people for whom the worker is responsible are effectively maintained in line with practice standards and organisational policy and procedure.
- Foster good relationships with legal services and local family courts to manage efficient and effective Legal Planning Meeting, Public Law Outline, and court proceedings where attempts to support children to remain within their families have not been successful.
Requirements of the Advanced Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post qualifying experience within frontline children’s social work, including substantial experience in assessing the needs of, and undertaking direct work with children and young people.
- Up to date working knowledge of relevant UK child care law, statutory guidance and Working Together 2018.
This Advanced Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.