Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Academy Advanced Social Worker to work full-time within a Children's and Family Team based in Woking, Surrey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Advanced Social Worker job is £38 - £42 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Provide an assessment of the needs of family members, their strengths and any risks to children's health/development or significant harm to the child/ren and develop SMART plans that will meet the needs of family members and reduce risks to children, in conjunction with children and their families and in the most complex cases.
- Work with partners to meet those needs and monitor progress via child in need and core group meetings involving families, young people and relevant professionals
- Chair reviews of children in need cases, strategy discussions, permanency planning meetings and professional's meetings on complex cases.
- Conduct complex child protection investigations where a multi-agency strategy discussion considers there are grounds to believe the child has or is likely to suffer significant harm and to involve families in developing plans for change which will reduce the risk of significant harm and keep children in their families wherever possible.
- Initiate discussions to seek agreement for s20 or initiate planned or emergency legal proceedings to ensure children are protected in line with departmental policy, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Work with colleagues in commissioning, fostering and adoption to identify high quality placements for children that will promote keeping children with their siblings and engage in timely care planning so children are placed in stable long-term homes where their health and development as well as education and training needs are supported and they can strengthen their resilience to lead a happy and stable adult life
- Ensure that social work case records, assessments, plans and documentation for all children and young people for whom the worker is responsible are effectively maintained in line with practice standards and organisational policy and procedure.
- Foster good relationships with legal services and local family courts to manage efficient and effective Legal Planning Meeting, Public Law Outline and court proceedings where attempts to support children to remain within their families have not been successful.
- Promote purposeful social work practice, following the service's parenting/group work programmes, and undertake regular clinical and case work supervision that is reflective and outlines clearly the next steps to improve outcomes for children, young people and families.
- Manage effective communication of practice, service and organisational issues within the team and work collaboratively across other social work teams, services and with partners to provide high-level integrated support to children and families.
- Ensure that in all aspects of work that the views, feelings and wishes of children, young people and their parents /carers are taken seriously and used to appropriately inform their care plans and development and performance of services.
- Lead the induction and training activities for NQSWs who will be based in quadrant teams.
- Lead on observing and developing practice, ensuring ASYE programmes and requirements are met and will contribute to the probationary reports required for new entrants to the service, in conjunction with the Principal Social Worker.
Requirements of the Advanced Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Advanced Social Worker job is advertised by Rob King; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.