Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for a Band 8a Advanced Clinical Practitioner to work full-time based in Lincoln, within the Haematology Team.
The salary for this permanent Advanced Clinical Practitioner role is £47,126 - £53,219 per annum.
- Use specialist knowledge and skills to provide healthcare autonomously to patients within their sphere of practice
- Accountable for independent clinical assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients with undiagnosed and undifferentiated conditions as well as patients with known and chronic conditions
- Responsible for appropriately referring patients to relevant specialities for any necessary inpatient or outpatient investigations
- Contribute to the tier 2 (middle grade/SPR/ST4-7) rota, the work pattern of each individual being determined by both their level of experience and competence
- Have a Trust-wide responsibility to promote clinical excellence in the care of patients referred to or managed by the Haematology Department by providing clinical advice and support to nursing staff and other health care professionals
- Provide expert professional and independent clinical care which enables the coordination of a multi professional seamless service for haematology patients
- Developing audit and research projects within their sphere/ area of practice, and participating in up-dating and implementing departmental policies, protocols and guidelines, in line with national guidance and contemporary evidence
- Provide ongoing supervision and support, participating in the induction and training of nursing and medical staff
- Play a pivotal role in the operational development of the service
- Initiate, manage and drive change, innovating changes in practice for the benefit of patient care in line with current trust and local programmes
- Undertake the role in accordance with Trust and Departmental guidelines but have freedom to act within broad policies and protocols, in accordance with professional responsibilities and boundaries
- Use highly developed clinical knowledge to independently assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate treatments and interventions for in-patients presenting with an undifferentiated diagnosis referred by other sub-specialties and Haematology out-patients/in-patients with known diagnoses
- Undertake physical examination as indicated by the patient’s condition; autonomously analysing complex clinical signs and investigation results to consider differential diagnoses and diagnose conditions, initiating treatment as required
- Perform clinical procedures appropriate to the history and physical examination of the patient, including further invasive testing and treatments requiring highly developed skills and precision, including (but not limited to) catheterisation, cannulation, peripheral arterial blood gas sampling, bone marrow biopsy
Requirements of the Advanced Clinical Practitioner:
- Be a Registered Healthcare Professional and hold an MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice or equivalent at MSc level to be agreed as part of the application process
- UK Experience as an Advanced Clinical Practitioner or Emergency Clinical Practitioner
- Be an independent Non-Medical Prescriber
- Practice at an advanced level demonstrating in depth knowledge and competence in all aspects of haematology, encompassing enhanced assessment, critical thinking and clinical management skills that are evidence based and deliver high quality patient centred care
- Possess excellent time management and personal organisation skills
- Be aware of budgetary constraints within the department and manage resources appropriately and encourage others to do likewise
- Possess proficient typing, IT and computer skills
- Recognise and work within own competence and professional code of conduct
- Be able to work on own initiative – independently and as a team
- Be able to read and interpret extensive policy documentation; sometimes of a clinical nature requiring periods of intense concentration
- Be able to recognise and defuse potentially aggressive and violent individuals/situations in line with local policy and legal frameworks
- Be aware that a wilful or irresponsible disregard for safety matters may give rise to disciplinary proceedings
- I am fully committed to providing the very highest standards of care to our patients
- I do everything I can to keep my patients and my colleagues safe
- I keep my environment clean and tidy
- I recognise when something is going wrong and I have the courage to do something about it
- I show a genuine concern for my patients and my colleagues
- I communicate well with others, listening and showing an interest in what they have to say
- I am positive, approachable and friendly
This Advanced Clinical Practitioner job is advertised by Sadiq Rahman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.