Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award-winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Advanced Biomedical Scientist to fill a full-time role based in Guernsey, with a focus on microbiology.
The salary for this permanent Advanced Biomedical Scientist job is £44,054 - £58,081 per annum.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, Saturday mornings on a rota basis and multidisciplinary out of hour’s on-call on a rota basis
- Contribute to the daily running and development of the Guernsey Clinical Microbiology department
- Participate in the provision of a comprehensive Microbiology service on behalf of the Health & Social Care Department acting in accordance with the Clinical Governance procedures
- Contribute to the training and supervision of junior scientific, scientific support and administrative staff based on the Institute of Biomedical Sciences (IBMS) training guidelines
- Processing and reporting of specialist investigations including providing guidance to clinicians within their professional scope of practice
- Act as a lead biomedical scientist for a specialist area on a rotational basis and work individually or as part of a small team to contribute to the development of new procedures and practices for specialist investigations
- Where required develop training programmes for trainee scientific and administrative staff members
Requirements of the Advanced Biomedical Scientist:
- HCPC registered
- A Masters qualification or specialist diploma with significant post qualification experience in clinical microbiology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a flexible approach to work
- Knowledge of Biomeriux BacTAlert, Vitek and Technidata LIMS
- The appropriate skills to deal with multi-professional staff and the public, in addition, be able to provide expert advice to clinicians and senior managers regarding all aspects of Clinical Microbiology
- Extensive advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of Bacteriology, Virology, Mycology and Molecular microbiology
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of regional and global epidemiological trends and adapt working practices in discussion with the head of Microbiology
- Candidates not meeting the criteria but seeking development may be considered at a lower AFC band moving to AFC 7 on completion of training
We offer a full relocation package which includes interview and relocation travel, this is in addition to our competitive pay, annual bonus.
Furthermore, we offer subsidised accommodation for those travelling to the Island alone and an 8-year employment permit for those wishing to bring a partner or family.
This Advanced Biomedical Scientist job is advertised by Craig Osborne; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements regretfully.