Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Locum Acute Mental Health Occupational Therapist to work in Portsmouth on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £24 - £25 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- Be responsible for a caseload of patients with complex needs and, at times, un-motivated behaviours.
- Providing person-centred interventions using evidence-based models of practice. To ensure the inpatient OT service delivered is in line with current best practice, is of a high standard and is clinically effective.
- Be responsible for managing referrals, attending all necessary MDT reviews and feeding back relevant clinical formulations to the MDT.
- Ensure questions are asked in meetings to ascertain the necessity for future adl assessments and home visits. Thus, avoiding the need for emergency measures.
- The post holder will have responsibility for formulating intervention plans and together with junior staff, deliver speedy intensive interventions to patients with complex needs.
- Be responsible for patients to the point of discharge.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent NHS experience either pre or post-qualification
- Previous mental health experience needed
- Must be able to start ASAP
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Ross Welton; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.