Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award-winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Acute Discharge Occupational Therapist to work in Paddington on a full-time basis.
The pay rate for this locum Acute Discharge Occupational Therapist job is £26.00 - £27.00 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- Monday – Friday
- 37.5 hours per week
- Effective communication with MDT
- Complete generic physical skills assessments such as functional mobility & stairs
- Completion of the Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment (CGA) as appropriate
- Completion of appropriate cognitive screening tools
- Addressing ADL needs by identification of care needs and equipment
- Referring patients to Social Services, Community Independence Service referrals and liaison to prevent admission to the downstream wards
Requirements of the Acute Discharge Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Acute hospital experience at Band 6 level
- Worked as a Band 5 Occupational Therapist in a variety of rotations - surgery, medicine, orthopaedics and stroke
- Previous working experience in the NHS
- Confident in discharge planning in acute and specialist medicine wards
- Able to input into frailty pathways as well other relevant caseloads ie. the Mild head injury
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel island
This Acute Discharge Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Sebastian Dunbar; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements regretfully.