Sanctuary Personnel was founded in 2002 to provide qualified social workers and care professionals to social services throughout the UK. In the years since, our responsiveness and commitment to best practice have seen us grow in stature, reach and reputation with many milestones on route to employing 100 people at our Ipswich headquarters. Sanctuary Personnel now offers nationwide social work, allied health, mental health and criminal justice employment opportunities with a wide range of public and private sector employers.
Among the milestones on our journey are:
- Sanctuary was named 'Best Public Sector Recruitment Agency' at the Recruiter Awards for Excellence
- Be a part of the next chapter in Sanctuary’s history. Join the team or contact us to discuss how we can work together.
- Sanctuary was named ‘Recruitment Agency of the Year’ at the Recruiter Awards for Excellence
- Sanctuary Training achieved CPD accreditation for the first of a series of courses, certified by the CPD Certification Service
- Launched Sanctuary DBS, providing online Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
- Launched Sanctuary Mental Health to supply mental health and learning disability professionals to mental health services
- Andrew Williamson CBE joins as Chairman
- Sanctuary becomes one of the largest social work led organisations in Britain
- Launched Sanctuary Training to support the development of our candidates and help clients have fully prepared teams in place
- Launched Sanctuary Criminal Justice, providing staff to support the UK’s criminal justice system
- Became main sponsor of Social Worker of the Year Awards
- Launched Sanctuary Executive, offering a bespoke recruitment service to those leading social services departments
- Launched Skylakes our social work service delivery company
- Development of our allied health recruitment business with placing occupational therapists
- Became a preferred provider to the NSPCC and Cafcass
- Received our first Government Procurement Service contract to supply allied health professionals (now known as Crown Commercial Service)
- Became largest independent provider of social workers in the UK
Became a registered body to the Criminal Records Bureau (now known as the Disclosure and Barring Service)
- Achieved commission for Social Care Inspection registration
- Became an NHS PASA preferred supplier of locum doctors
Each milestone represents the development of new services for Sanctuary or new relationships in the health and social care sector. We pride ourselves on our commitment to provide quality staff and services to our clients and will continue to centre the development of our services on the highest standards.