Category: Social Worker
Salary: £29 - £30 per hour
Children’s Guardian – Falkland Islands
Our client has a vacancy for a Children’s Guardian in the Falkland Islands, offering a unique experience to assist the Courts. The pay rate for this role is negotiable from £30+ per hour.
A parenting assessment is being carried out by Social Services and that report (or at least an interim one) is to be filed in Court by the 25th September 2012 in preparation for the next hearing. The statutory tests are the same as in the UK. The case is being heard in the Magistrate’s Court, which is the Falkland Islands’ equivalent of the County Court in England.
The guardian appointed is expected to have read and familiarised themselves with the papers in the case, have visited the Islands and made relevant enquiries and be in a position to at least provide an interim report for the Court on 28th September 2012. This would require travelling down 7 to 10 days prior to the hearing.
If the proceedings continue after the 28th September 2012, it is hoped that any further or final hearing would take place as soon as possible thereafter, possibly in late October/early November. The chosen candidate would need to be available to attend that hearing.
Exact requirements are subject to the proceedings as they progress.
Travel and accommodation:
Travel would be by RAF chartered plane from Brize Norton to Mount Pleasant. There are only two flights out of Brize each week and they can be subject to delay at Brize Norton, in the Falklands or on Ascension Island where the plane stops to refuel.
Expenses of travel and accommodation etc. will be met. It is also anticipated that a guide/assistant would be provided to drive the appointed guardian around.
You must have a relevant Social Work qualification (BA / MA Social Work / DipSW or equivalent). You must have a minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience within a similar role.
This job is advertised by Paul Woulfe, if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now or to find out more call 0800 046 1166 or email email@example.com.
What you can expect from Sanctuary:
• Support from a dedicated consultant with many years’ social work experience
• Choice of a variety of positions throughout the UK within many specialism’s
• Excellent rates of pay
• Automatic job alerts tailored to your requirements and experience
• PAYE or LTD company payments
• Excellent Referral Scheme - £250 for each successfully placed referral
• Preferred supplier to 170 local authorities and organisations such as the NHS, Cafcass and the NSPCC
• Headline sponsor of the highly prestigious “Social Worker of the Year Awards”
• We have our own specialist social work training division “Sanctuary Training”
• We have our own CRB umbrella body, including faster online CRB applications
• Double winners of the 2012 national Recruiter Awards for Excellence in the “Best Public Sector Recruitment Agency” and “Best Client Service” categories
• We are six-time winners of the Archant Recruitment awards
Social WorkerNorth East
Team ManagerSouth East
Social WorkerEast of England
Team ManagerNorth West
Social WorkerNorth West
Social WorkerSouth East